- Discussion of your needs and establishment of the scope of design work.
- Determination of design fees and presentation of proposal.
- Production of property basemap from your plat plan (survey).
- Site analysis including photographs and measurements of everything pertinent to your project (including off-site conditions that affect your property).
- Creation of a preliminary plan and a meeting with you to discuss concepts.
- Completion of final plan using feedback from preliminary plan meeting.
- Presentation of final plan.
Design prices are based on the expected time needed to fulfill program requirements. 1/2 of design fee is due at contract signing and the balance is due at final presentation.
Garden Coaching Services may include the following:
- A site visit and meeting to evaluate your landscape problems and discuss solutions.
- Plant suggestions for your property.
- Layout of landscape elements such as bed lines, plants, paths and patios.
- Horticultural advice and coaching to help you maintain your property more easily.
- Specialty pruning of Japanese Maples, espaliered plants, young trees and other landscape specimens.
- Discussions about efficient watering and using your irrigation system in the most watersaving way.
Coaching services are charged hourly at $75/hour with a minimum of 1 hour required.
- Solicit and evaluate bids for your project.
- Schedule and manage contractors installing your project.
- Secure materials for your project.
Project management fees are charged hourly or as a percentage of your project installation.
Demonstrations and Speaking:
- We can visit your group for demonstrations or talks.
- Topics range from Xeriscaping, Pruning Techniques and Landscape Design Theory.